It’s the very last day of an epic year! 2015 will always be unforgettable.
It was hard not filling up every one of these squares with a picture of Rose. She was definitely the highlight of our year! But as we thought back over the last 12 months, there were many more things we’re feeling very thankful for today. Here’s a recap of our year!
9 highlights, accomplishments and blessings from 2015 from left to right, top to bottom.
- Our sweet Rose was born on February 14, 2015. I love this girl.
- This was a year we really had to lean into our friends and family more than ever before. And even on days we were too tired or sometimes even unaware of what we needed, someone would call offering the very thing necessary to brighten our day. Meals, baby care, clothes for Rose, painting and cleaning the new house, or simply offering a listening ear. We are surrounded by some of the most dedicated and loving people.
- The freedom to stay at home and mother my child. Since becoming a mother, I am so in awe of women. All women, well, moms in particular. Whether you birthed or adopted your child, moms are incredible. The magnitude of what our bodies can endure blows my mind. God’s beautiful design never ceases to amaze. But on top of that, the strength, vulnerability and perseverance it requires to mother. I had no idea I possessed these qualities. Whether you are a working mom, a stay-at-home mom, or in my case both – I will be raising a glass to you tonight!
- Vitaliy faced his fears and pursued many different kinds of photography outside of the wedding industry. This particular photo he was commissioned to travel to the East Coast and document the experience of Bolivian organic quinoa farmers in the United States.
- Whole 30. Vitaliy and I did our first Whole 30 in May. We never felt better! We learned a ton about food, our bodies and ourselves. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a good plan after it ended and fell back into some old habits. So, we’ll be doing our second Whole 30 starting January 31 and finally have a game plan of going Paleo at the end. Anybody want to join us!? Send me an email – we’re trying to get a whole team of us.
- We rediscovered the joy of family portraiture. I think Rose may have something to do with this and enjoying our own family photos. Looking forward to doing more family sessions in 2016!
- This is such a small thing, but at the same time, it feels huge. We have been able to remain debt free even after having our first child. We did Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University two years ago and started using the cash envelope system. We’ve been consistently keeping a budget and using the system ever since and I am extremely thankful. Being debt free creates so much freedom in life and freedom is one of our important family values.
- A new home! Renting a home in the bay area was not even a thought for us because it seemed utterly impossible. But God had different plans for us and provided a way without us even trying. We are so, so happy for the additional space. To see Rose crawling (almost walking!) around and playing in her own room. But more than anything, this experience has reminded me that with Jesus, the impossible is possible. A truth I need as I step into the new year with goals and ideas that feel impossible.
- A trip home to St. Louis to visit my family for Thanksgiving. Seeing Rose with all of my family was the best! We created so many new memories that I will always hold dear to my heart.