Since this is a blog dedicated to marriage and tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I felt it only fitting to share a few of the things I’m thankful for in my marriage.
- Laughter. There are days I’m shocked at the amount of laughter that fills our home and hearts after 8 years of marriage.
- Change. I am no longer the same person I was when I got married. Thanks to our differences, Vitaliy has made my life richer.
- Life. Because of our oneness, we get to bring a new life into the world this February. The miracle of it all!
- Difficulty. Our marriage began with pain and many difficulties, but it built a strong foundation that we are thankful for today.
- Family. I will be the first to say that building a relationship with in-laws is no easy task. But the challenge has shaped my heart in new ways.
- Faith. Marriage has taught me so much about God, grace, and forgiveness. I am thankful for every lesson and how it has helped my faith grow.
- Progress. Marriage is not a destination, it’s the start of a beautiful, and often messy, journey. And I am thankful for where we’ve come as a couple and as individuals.
- Mornings. We start the day slow and intentional. Some of our most meaningful conversations happen over breakfast. My favorite time.
- Dating. I love making new memories together. I so enjoy the time set aside to continue getting to know the man he is now.
- Time. It refuses to stand still, slow, or wait upon us. I count every day and every moment with Vitaliy a blessing. I know that tomorrow is not guaranteed, so today I am thankful.
What are you thankful for in your own marriage?
We are visiting my family in St. Louis for the holiday. And it snowed today! Another reason for me to be thankful. I wish you all a happy, happy Thanksgiving!