This Sunday is the first day of Spring! Since having Rose, life seems to be passing by even faster than before.
When we first started our business, our work/life balance was definitely tipped more towards the work side. But we eventually reached a point of burnout and now we are much more intentional about taking time to play. I don’t know about you, but when I have a free day I’m often sitting around trying to think of something to do. And this usually ends up wasting valuable free time. I started writing seasonal bucket lists as a way to prepare ahead of time so we can hit the ground running on our days off. We can check the weather and our energy levels and just pick one of the items on our list. I think it also helps to fully embrace then season we’re in and make the most of our days together. With all that being said, here’s my Spring Bucket List.
2016 Spring Bucket List
1. Plant our garden seedlings to prepare for a summer harvest.
2. Watch Rose attempt her first Easter egg hunt.
3. Travel to Portland to see grandma….and eat donuts!
4. Clean up the backyard and put up stringed lights to prepare for BBQ season.
5. Picnic in San Francisco at a park we’ve never been to before.
6. Research local farms and find out where you can purchase raw dairy products.
7. Host a Giants Home Opener party.
8. Celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day with intention…and rest!
9. Family Field Trip to hike the Twin Peaks Summit.
10. Go antiquing with mom in a small California town.
11. Schedule a Saturday morning girls’ brunch with friends.
12. Spend a day in the city with Vitaliy doing the walking tour Amy told us about.
13. Host a playdate.
14. Shop the local farmer’s market and cook with seasonal fruits and veggies.
15. Grab lunch at Hog Island Oyster Farm in Marshall, on Tomales Bay.
Am I missing anything? Any tips for my bucket list items? What are your plans for this Spring season? Leave me a note – I’d love to hear from you!
For inspiration, you can also check out our last year’s summer bucket list.