Since Summer is our busy season, we have to be even more intentional about making time for our marriage and family life.
In the past, we have definitely let the business side of life rule during this fun season. But we decided not to let that happen again this year! We drafted a Summer Bucket List that we can easily reference when we’re trying to make plans. In fact, this is how we spent date night last week. We didn’t plan ahead of time so we had no babysitter. Instead of canceling it all together, we designated one of Rose’s nap times to us. We cuddled on the couch and dreamed about our summer together, as a couple and as a family. Below is how we hope to invest the next few months. We may not get to all of them, but I’m confident that having this list will help us enjoy this season a lot more then we have in years past.
2015 Summer Bucket List
- Plant a vegetable garden made up of tomatoes, zucchinis, and cucumbers.
- Take a 3 day family trip to Southern California.
- Drive-in movie with friends.
- Date night at Foreign Cinema in SF.
- Spontaneous beach days when the weather is HOT.
- 4th of July by the pool.
- Find the best burger in the city.
- Backyard BBQs with friends and family.
- Smore’s on our deck under string lights.
- Explore different farmer’s markets.
- Track down the Frozen Kuhsterd truck.
- Have a strawberry shortcake night at home.
- Go berry picking and bake a pie.
- Camp at Yuba Gap with Vitaliy’s relatives.
- Take a boat ride on Stowe Lake.
Two things – what are your summer plans this year? And for the locals – where is your favorite burger in San Francisco?