A couple weeks ago, Vitaliy and I started going through our personal photos from 2013 in order to design a family photo album to commemorate our year.
I came across this photo of me and it made me stop. I wish I knew what I was thinking. I don’t recall the moment clearly, but I look so free and relaxed. That’s what I want! I want to make more moments like this in 2014. I want to feel the wind blowing in my hair. I want to breathe. To close my eyes and take it all in. To rest.
I’m slowly but surely making my way through my powersheets. I haven’t even completed them yet and I can already see them helping me make real change in my life. Here are the goals I’ve set for 2014. I’ve broken them down much more in detail in my worksheets, but these are the overarching goals I’m working towards this year.
1. I want to live a life of less.
2. I want to know God, love Jesus, and hear the Holy Spirit.
3. I want to be a healthy person – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
4. I want to make marriage happen – my own and others’.
5. I want to book 25 weddings this year.
6. I want to grow as a leader.
7. I want to grow in my knowledge and understanding of finances.
8. I want to be a better wife, daughter, sister, aunt and friend.
9. I want to cultivate a heart of thankfulness and grace.
10. I want to continue learning, through reading and writing.
These are obviously big picture goals, but I’ll soon be breaking them down into monthly, weekly, and daily goals. The smaller the goal the more achievable it becomes. Each step I take on my achievable goals will bring me that much closer to my big dream goals above. I’m seeking progress, not perfection.
I thought I’d share these here to hold me accountable. To get my thoughts down on paper and out into the world. And in case anyone else wants to make some change happen in there life, come join me! You can find the powersheets here.
P.S. I also previously wrote how we are using the powersheets in our marriage too.